Open access criminology journals, many of which are included in RSS aggregated posts and categories.
- International Journal of Cyber Criminology
- International Journal of Rural Criminology
- Journal of Criminology, Criminal Justice, Law & Society
- The Internet Journal of Criminology
- Radical Criminology
- Western Criminology Review (archive)
Many open access research articles are available, although not always easy to find. This is changing thanks to the efforts of the following sites. Each site has a search feature that can be used to find research of interest.
- Digital Commons Network
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- Hathi Trust
- Public Library of Science (PLOS)
- Scientific Research Publishing
- Social Science Research Network
Open Access, when coupled with the “publish or perish” doctrine, has led to the creation of many predatory journals. This site is a helpful resource regarding this phenomenon.